The College of Engineering at Kansas State University (K-State) invites nominations and applications for the Computer Science Department Head position.
The successful candidate will have:
- an earned doctoral degree in computer science or a closely related field
- academic credentials and professional qualifications that merit appointment as a tenured Full Professor in the Computer Science Department
- demonstrated leadership in research and teaching in a computer science related field
- demonstrated management abilities in an academic setting
- exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively nurture talent, a demonstrated commitment to diversity/inclusion and ability to lead and facilitate a positive environment
Preference will be shown to candidates who can demonstrate:
- Demonstrated fiscal and managerial skills with a record of increasing administrative responsibility
- Engagement with business, alumni and other relevant constituents
The new head will administer teaching, research, scholarship, outreach, and service activities in a diverse and dynamic department consisting of 13 tenure-track faculty and 5 instructors, who lead research programs in cyber-physical systems, data science and informatics, embedded and distributed systems, programming languages, security, and software engineering. Information about the department can be found at: http://www.cs.ksu.edu/.
The Department Head reports to the Dean of the College, and is responsible for the administration of all programs and budgets of the department. Duties include working with faculty, staff, and students to deliver outstanding undergraduate and graduate programs, fostering research efforts of the highest quality, and maintaining productive relationships and development activities with alumni, external businesses and government agencies.
To apply, send a single pdf document including a letter of application outlining qualifications for the position, a statement of vision and goals for leadership of the department, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references. Application packages should be submitted through the Kansas State University PageUp system.
Application review will begin August 1, 2016 and continue until the position is filled.
Starting date: September 1, 2016 (or as negotiated).
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.