Biodefense Internship Program
Orion Integrated Biosciences Inc. is a Biodefense Company advancing new analytical, and visualization tools for the detection, characterization and mitigation of infectious diseases and the interpretation and contextualization of Big Data for Biodefense.
Our activities focus in strengthening national security by supporting the Department of Homeland Security through DHS Centers of Excellence (e.g., the DHS Center of Excellence for Emerging and Zoonotic Animal Diseases, CEEZAD), the US Department of Defense and the US Department of Agriculture.
Part of the mission of Orion Integrated Biosciences Inc. is the establishment of a Biodefense Internship Program for junior computer scientists and software engineers to strengthen the next generation workforce in the areas of bioscience and national security.
- US citizens.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Be formally admitted or have an application in process as a full-time student (graduate or undergraduate).
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
Preferred Technical Experience
- Proficiency with C/C++, Python, code integration, performance benchmarking, and optimization of scientific models.
- Experience with the development of WebApps to create, run, and display Big Data analytics and simulation results.
- Experience with programming support on remote and local High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB and/or NonSQL
- Proficiency with GPU programming.
- Capable of integrating and testing of secure operating system environments.
- Proficient in the development of mobile applications.