PhD Application Instructions
PhD Fellowship Program Instructions
To be considered for the PhD Fellowship Program, apply to the fall-semester admission and ensure application is complete (including supplemental documents) by January 8th. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications early.
Fellowship applications received after January 8th will only be considered on a funding availability basis. Applicants who do not apply to, or cannot be selected by the Fellowship
Program will still be considered for the regular financial support through Graduate Teaching Assistantship and Graduate Research Assistantship.
PhD Application Check List
Complete the Kansas State University Graduate School Application. Indicate on your application that you are interested in the PhD Fellowship program.
Read the Kansas State University Graduate School application requirements (for international applicants | for U.S. citizens and permanent residents). After reading the above, submit the following materials within your online application:
- Transcript(s) of Bachelor's and Master's (if applicable) degrees. Transcript must show the date and (earned or anticipated) degree. Please include a scanned copy in your application materials, and be ready to supply an official one upon admission.
- Scanned copy of Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores. You should also request the Educational Testing Service to send your scores to Kansas State University. The Graduate School does not accept photocopies as official for admission purposes. Institution Code: 6334 Department Code: 0402. You must put both of these codes down in order for our office to receive your scores!
- For international applicants: scanned copy of Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or The International English Language Testing System - academic exam (IELTS). The official score must be sent to Kansas State University. Institution Code: 6334 Department Code: 78. You must put both of these codes down in order for our office to receive your scores!
- For international applicants: signed copy of Affidavit of Financial Support (you will not jeopardize your chance for receiving financial aid by submitting this form.)
- Description of work experience (typed, maximum of one page) and statement of academic goals (typed, maximum of one page).
Three reference letters (recommenders can be requested within the CollegeNet application).
All materials must be input to your application before the corresponding deadlines below. Hard copies are not required. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com or telephoned to +1-785-532-6350.
- Jan. 8: Applicants who want to be considered for the PhD Fellowship Program, although early applications are highly encouraged (only for fall applications).
- Jan. 8: Applicants for fall semester.
- Aug. 1: Applicants for spring semester.
- Dec. 1: Applicants for summer semester.