Student Employment and Internships
- CS-KDD Undergraduate Administrative Assistant
The KDD Lab in the Computer Science Department at K-State under Dr. Hsu is hiring an Undergraduate Administrative Assistant. Responsibilities shall include: Clerical responsibilities of scheduling of meetings, talks, research papers for discussion; preparation of calendars; preparation of manuscripts; preparation of grant proposal documents, and grants administration of budgets, to-do lists, proofreading, and web documentation. Required qualifications are cooperation, diligence, self-motivation, persistence, responsibility, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proficient in organizing and scheduling appointments with admin software, such as MS Office, and Google Calendar. Pay begins at $9/hr. You can apply on Handshake by searching #4311915 KDD Lab Undergraduate Administrative Assistant. Visit the KDD lab UGAA hiring page for more information.
- CS-KDD Lab Undergraduate Research Programmer
- The KDD Lab in the Computer Science Department at K-State under Dr. Hsu is hiring an Undergraduate Research Programmer for research projects in the areas of artificial intelligence and high-performance computing. Required qualifications are: proficiency with Java, C#, Python, CIS 200 or equivalent coursework and experience, and the ability to work 10-12 hours per week during the regular academic year. Pay begins at $13/hr. To apply, visit the KDD lab UGRA hiring page.
CIS 400 UTA Employment Opportunity
Hring undergraduate teaching assistants for this Spring’s for CIS 400 – Object Oriented Design, Implementation, and Testing course. Candidates should be familiar with C# and .NET technologies, and be comfortable both tutoring and grading assignments. Ideal candidates will have taken CIS 400 in a prior semester and earned an A. Hours can vary but expect around 10-15 per week. Starting wage is $10/hr (increases based on experience). If interested, please email your resume and a brief cover letter to Nathan Bean <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
CIS 580 UTA Employment Opportunity
Hiring an undergraduate teaching assistant for this Spring’s CIS 580 – Game Programming Foundations course. Candidates should be familiar with C# (ideally having taken CIS 501). Ideal candidates will also be comfortable with game development (either having taken CIS 580 or participated in the Annual Game Jam or have other game development experience) and the MonoGame/XNA framework. Primary responsibilities will be grading student-developed video games according to supplied rubrics. Starting wage is $10/hr (increases based on experience). If interested, please email your resume, a portfolio of game projects, and a brief cover letter to Nathan Bean <email@example.com>.
- Student Athlete Services Seeking Tutors Spring 2021
- The Department of Student Athlete Services is seeking tutors and academic mentors for the Spring semester, training provided. All tutoring will be online via Zoom. Applicants should be a Junior, Senior or Graduate Student with at least a 3.0 GPA and able to work during the days/hours of Sunday 6-10pm, Monday-Thrusday 8am-10pm and Friday 8am-2pm. If interested to apply and for more information email Maryclare at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For undergraduate students who are interested in detailed minutia of office work: detailed work such as proofing, filing, checking correspondences for errors, composing individualized correspondences, and merging letters for grading and scholarship offers. This position maintains records for recruitment, retention and assessment. Students in this position will work on computers, databases, spreadsheets, form letters, marketing designs and a ton of scanning and some filing. We are looking for someone interested in exploring and automating data mining projects (software, lead guidance and a little technical help provided as you learn and create data mining tools for us). English proofing and critical thinking skills are another area we could use help in as well as marketing design skills. If you have any one of the above abilities and would like to learn more, please contact us.
10 hour min/max requirement, flexible to your academic schedule. A log of projects completed and other duties as assigned must be kept each day. A pay rate of $7.25 Per hour and Minimum GPA of 3.3. Contact email@example.com for more information and to apply.
- Depth Security Penetration Tester
- The penetration testing company is looking to hire a Junior Pen Tester this winter or in the spring. This is for a full time pen testing position upon graduation, with a starting salary in the 65-90k range and the ability to work remotely. The primary role is to perform multidisciplinary assessment services as needed. Examples include Application Security Assessments against web apps, mobile apps, web services, and fat-client applications. Proficiency in delivering Network Vulnerability and Penetration Assessments both externally and internally against wired and wireless targets is also required. Senior Security Consultants can assess external, internal, wired, and wireless networks. Social engineering assessments, both phishing-based and physical, may also be required occasionally. Senior Security Consultants must demonstrate the highest skill levels and help set acceptable assessment standards for the Company. Visit their website and posting for more information.
- Ball Aerospace Career
- They have opportunities available in a variety of engineering disciplines, and current needs in Information Technology, Program Security, and Finance and Supply Chain Management. From revolutionary space missions and world-renowned sensors to data and cyber solutions, Ball Aerospace gives its employees unique opportunities to work on cutting-edge missions that help our customers learn about our planet, protect lives and build a better tomorrow. Find more information about Ball Aerospace careers on their flyer and on their website.
BuilderTrend is based out of Omaha, NE and is currently hiring for a full-time Software Developer. Their website lists all of their current openings.
Intelligent Integration Technologies is looking for part-time Python programmer in Manhattan, KS. Position may turn into internship and/or full time post-graduation. Employer is flexible on qualifications. For more information, visit their website.
IQVIA is currently recruiting for locations in Durham, NC and Overland Park, KS. They will give you access to cutting-edge in-house technology, allowing you to work on global projects and across therapeutic areas. Statistical Programmers & Biostatisticians will also be working on programming from scratch with the ability to create new code, discover different opportunities and make a real impact on patient health. See the available roles here. Click here for more information.
- Assistant Professor and Lecturer Positions University of Georgia
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Georgia invites applications for one full-time, tenure-track assistant professor position and two full-time, non-tenure track lecturerpositions starting August 2021. The responsibilities of each position include teaching foundational courses in the undergraduate major. Additional requirements include a Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field. Scholarly credentials should reflect a strong commitment to teaching computer science courses at the undergraduate level. To apply for the Lecturer positions and Assistant Professor position Please upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and short statements of teaching portfolio/philosophy. Please provide contact information (email and telephone number) for three references. Review of applications will begin February 01, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
- Open Faculty Positions University at Buffalo
- The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has several faculty positions open and invites qualified candidates to apply. We are particularly looking for candidates who can operate effectively in a diverse community of student and faculty and share our vision of helping all constituents reach their full potential. The positions are SUNY Empire Innovation Professor (EIP) in AI/Autonomous Systems, Assistant, Associate or Full Professor Assistant, and Assistant Professor of Teaching (Lecturer). The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in computer science and computer engineering at the graduate and undergraduate levels, advise students at all levels and mentor graduate students, and maintain an active research program. All candidates should hold a doctorate in computer science, computer engineering or a closely related field. PhD must be conferred prior to appointment. EIP and Professor candidates must demonstrate excellence in research, teaching, service and mentoring. Candidates should be internationally recognized scholars as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, citations and a sustained externally-funded research program. See their flyer and website for more information.
- California State University Assistant Professor CS
- The College is searching for good candidates for a tenure-track position starting in Fall 2021. The priority will be given to the field of Cyber Security or closely related fields, but all other fields will also be considered. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate students, be active in scholarly and applied research involving students, and engage in service activities.The initial scan will start in early January but the process will continue until the position is filled. Candidates shall have the ability to teach a broad range of undergraduate computer science courses to students with diverse socioeconomic backgrounds, preparation, and career goals. An ongoing commitment to improving teaching effectiveness and student engagement is required. The instructional workload is 12 Weighted Teaching Units (WTUs) per semester. However, as part of a start-up package in the first two academic years, the Department and College provide substantial release from teaching responsibilities to allow new faculty time for developing their research agenda and integration of their research and teaching. Long term, the average teaching load can be reduced through assigned time funded by the college or through external grants. For further information about the College, the application process and experience, please see the posting or the Fresno State website posting.
- Department of CSE at South Dakota Mines Full-Time Instructor, Lecturer, or Senior Lecturer of CS or CE
- Anticipated start date of Fall Semester 2021. This is a full-time, 9-month, non-tenure-track, term position with benefits. Preference will be given to candidates with interest and experience in teaching a broad range of undergraduate Computer Engineering or Computer Science courses. An earned M.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field is required; a Ph.D. in one of these fields is preferred. The ideal candidates will have practical industry experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field and prior teaching experience at the university or college level in Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Expectations will include teaching courses, supervising student design projects, advising students, and department service. As part of the online application process, you will be asked to attach a cover letter, resume, and the name, address, phone number, and email address of three professional references. See the flyer for more information on the position, department and application.
California State is Hiring Tenure-Track Faculty for their Computer Science Department.
They are looking for applicants who are passionate about teaching, will set up a research program, and will be committed to service to the university and community. CSU Fullerton is a Minority Serving Institution and we particularly encourage those from underrepresented groups to apply. View their requirements and apply on their website.
The School of Veterinary Medicine
At the University of California, Davis, and the Institute of Computational Comparative Medicine at Kansas State University, the School of Veterinary Medicine seeks applications for students in the area of data science. They are looking for student researchers whose interests are in data science in biomedical data, and researchers with a methodological and application focus. For questions about the appointments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Renton Technical College Instructor Position
Renton Technical College--based out of Renton, WA--is hiring for a tenure-track instructor position. This position will serve as the lead faculty for their Bachelor of Applied Science program in Application Development! This is a superb opportunity to not only get your feet wet in the world of academia if you are a recent Master's graduate, but it is an excellent one to gain IT experience as well! Their full application can be found on the government jobs website.
Hiring at Intel
Intel's GPU Driver Development team within Intel Architecture, Graphics and Software (IAGS) is looking for Technical Intern to join their team. In this internship, you will be working in a seasoned CPU architecture team tasked with producing best of breed GPU solutions. Visit their website for more information and to apply.
- EERE Robotics Internship Program
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) Robotics Internship Program is a 10-week summer internship program for students majoring in a field related to robotics. The program provides opportunities for high school seniors, undergraduate and graduate students and postgraduates to intern at federal national laboratories throughout the United States. The EERE Robotics Internship Program is sponsored by the EERE Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO). Applicants receive hands-on experience in development of future robotics technical, engineering, and advanced manufacturing technologies, and development of professional networks with leading scientists and subject matter experts. Benefits include stipends: undergraduate students receive a $600 per week stipend; graduate students and postgraduates receive a $750 per week stipend. A Housing Allowance: $150 per week for interns whose home location is more than 50 miles from the hosting facility, and Inbound/Outbound Travel Reimbursement: Up to $1,000 to/from assigned location for interns whose home location is more than 50 miles from the hosting facility. To apply you must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old by May 1, 2021, and a high school senior, undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate of an accredited institution of higher education majoring in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics discipline related to robotics and/or manufacturing. The deadline for the Application and recommendations are due February 8, 2021, 4:00 PM EST. View their flyer and for more information contact email@example.com.
- High Performance Computing for Manufacturing Internship Program
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) High Performance Computing for Manufacturing (HPC4Mfg) Internship Program is a 10-week summer internship program for students majoring in a field related to high performance computing. As an intern, you will perform research-level computational activities and gain a competitive edge as you apply your education, talent, and skills to research and development projects focused on high performance computing (HPC). You will also be able to establish connections with DOE scientists and subject matter experts that promote long-term relationships between yourself, researchers, and DOE. Benefits include stipends: undergraduate students receive a $600 per week stipend; graduate students and postgraduates receive a $750 per week stipend. A Housing Allowance: $150 per week for interns whose home location is more than 50 miles from the hosting facility, and Inbound/Outbound Travel Reimbursement: Up to $1,000 to/from assigned location for interns whose home location is more than 50 miles from the hosting facility. To apply you must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old by May 1, 2021, and a high school senior, undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate of an accredited institution during winter/spring 2021 and be pursuing a degree in a discipline related to high performance computing. The deadline for Applications and recommendations are due February 1, 2021, 4:00 PM EST. View their flyer and for more information contact HPC@orise.orau.gov.
Centene Software Engineering & Data Science Internship
Assist with building platforms utilized by data science teams and integrating predictive analytics with IT systems. Learn various job functions, explore career opportunities, and attend development presentations. Knowledge of development utilizing Python, Git for version control, REST APIs, and Docker for containerization are preferred. Visit their website for more information and the application.
UT Southwestern Medical Center Lyda Hill Department of Bioinformatics Internship
This internship is for student taking a COVID-19 related gap year or who need a virtual opportunity to fulfill internship course requirements. These virtual opportunities will replace the U-Hack Med 2020 Hackathon but still provide an exciting way for students to engage in longer hackathon-inspired projects with meaningful outcomes. Fully virtual with a paid stipend, the U-Hack Med Gap Year is for curious, mature and motivated undergraduate students who want to invest in real-world problem solving using their computer science and engineering skills to advance biomedical science. Find more information and apply online.
Orion Biodefense Internship Program
Orion Integrated Biosciences Inc. is establishing a Biodefense Internship Program for junior computer scientists and software engineers to strengthen the next generation workforce in the areas of bioscience and national security. For more information, view the flyer or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. This is a paid internship.
OpptIn is a start-up company in Scranton, Pennsylvania, and they're developing our alpha product. They are looking for students versed in Android, Fullstack Web Development, Indoor Location Technology, and Blockchain. If you want more information about the company, visit their website. For more information about their internship, view their flyer.